Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Can Anything Good Come out of Nazareth Hip-Hop?

For those out there that think that Hip-Hop is only evil, has nothing good to give to this world... take a listen to this young man:



One of the side effects of my recent fast was to awaken an even greater hunger for the Truth in my life. Especially in the things I listen to and watch.

Unfortunately, I have to say that I still find most modern, Christian themed music to be incredibly uninspired or lacking in creative talent.

Then, of all genres of music, I found Christian Rap!

Until just recently, I NEVER would have thought that I would like any rap song other than Anthrax's "I'm the Man". But listening to the Truth in the words of some of these rap artists (yes these guys actually do, through God's Grace, elevate rap to an art form), I am floored, and hooked.

The young man featured above is the rap artist Lecrae. What the Lord is doing in his, and other rap artists' lives is nothing short of awesome. Do yourself a favor, even if you do not like rap in the slightest, head on over to Reach Records or ReachLife Ministries and see the wonders of the Lord's power and Grace.

May the Lord continue blessing these Godly men in their mission to bring the Gospel of Christ to the inner cities.

No comments: